To apply for any of the positions listed below, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include the name of the position you’re applying for.
IACMI seeks to hire a Composites Manufacturing Preeminent Faculty. The College of Engineering at Purdue University invites applications for faculty at the level of Distinguished, Associate/Full and Assistant Professor. Purdue University seeks to attract exceptional candidates with interest and expertise in Composites Manufacturing. Successful candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics, Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline and demonstrate excellent potential to build an independent research program at the forefront of their field, as well as potential to educate and mentor students. The successful candidates will conduct original research, will advise graduate students, will teach undergraduate and graduate level courses, and will perform service both at the School and University levels. Candidates with experience working with diverse groups of students, faculty, and staff and the ability to contribute to an inclusive climate are particularly encouraged to apply.
Download entire Composites Manufacturing Preeminent Faculty position description and application details.
As a DELMIA Manufacturing Senior Technical Sales Consultant, you will be leading large and complex technical sales support activities with prospective clients. You will educate clients, identify client pains and opportunities for improvement, define and propose Manufacturing solutions and architectures, Prepare and deliver product demonstrations, explain the value of these solutions and support Proof of Concepts/Production pilots enabling our clients to fulfill their strategies.
• Provide thought leadership in Manufacturing domain (planning, simulation, work instructions, execution) for presales support of North America sales team
• Technical Sales engagements with clients to raise their awareness of Dassault Systèmes Manufacturing capabilities and to develop solutions and architectures
• Support account teams on qualification and engagement processes with their new and existing customers
• Discover and analyze customer business problems and architect an aligned solution
• Assess customer Manufacturing related As-Is and To-Be business processes
• Mapping Solution/functionality to customer needs
• Prepare and deliver product demonstrations
• Support business case development
• Maintain an understanding of the Dassault Systèmes Manufacturing solution capabilities and architecture
• Develop deliverables for reuse and enablement
• Support Request For Information / Request for Proposal processes
• Contribute to product roadmap by communicating client needs to R&D
Master of Sciences in engineering or similar experience
• Industrial Engineering or related degree
• 5+ years’ experience in an Industrial Engineering role
• 5+ years’ experience in a Technical Sales Consultant role
• Software presales experience
• Knowledge of Manufacturing methods and processes
• Knowledge of Manufacturing solutions and technologies including Digital Manufacturing and Manufacturing Operations
• Working knowledge of Digital Manufacturing software applications
• Experience with consulting practices and process improvement
The Service Consultant within CATIA’s Center of Excellence (CoE) provides onsite technical support to customers in the automotive industry. The support that is provided is in automotive structural analysis. As a Service Consultant you will provide technical support to customers in structural studies using the advanced features in SFE CONCEPT (http://www.3ds.com/products-services/catia/products/sfe/) and CATIA integrated workbenches. You will be responsible for setting up the SFE CONCEPT parametric geometry, and export ready to run simulation models for CAE analysis. This will also include setting up the SFE CONCEPT geometry for Multi-Disciplinary optimization, with design variables which include combinations of section, shape and gages. You will also prepare reports and summaries of structural performance and work with customers to design countermeasures and improvements to the analyzed concept. Where appropriate you will also be involved in pre-sales and post-sales activity involving bench-marking and proof of concept studies. Collaborating with other team members to prepare presentation for clients. As a valued team member of the CoE you will work on developing solutions which will leverage the synergy of various tools available in Dassault Systemes’ portfolio.
Although the role is posted for Auburn Hills, the project that candidates will initially participate in are located in Columbus Ohio. Candidates in Auburin Hill or Columbus area are welcomed to apply.
– Parametric geometry for early concepts of Automotive Structures or Aero Structures using SFE CONCEPT and CATIA
– CAE models for upfront evaluation/simulation
– Design inputs for developing counter measures, to improve performance balancing weight targets
– Optimization loops supporting multiple load cases
– Process definitions at new customers, for upfront concept studies
– Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering accredited university – or any other related domain.
– 2-3 years of CAE experience on automotive vehicle and BIW structures.
– Knowledge of automotive materials and materials science, including steel, aluminum, composites and plastics.
– Minimum of 2 years of experience of body structure impact, NVH and durability.
– Able to work autonomously to de-bug and run CAE models.
– Familiarity with automotive body structures, design processes and light-weighting activities.
– Knowledge of the following FEA Codes: Abaqus, NASTRAN, LS-Dyna & Optimizer: iSIGHT.
– Basic knowledge of scripting using PERL & C++
– Able to manage multiple assignments and tasks simultaneously.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Postdoctoral Fellow Composite Recycling and Manufacturing Research in Department of Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering. Position Available Immediately and Open until Filled.
A self-motivated candidate is sought for a research position in an interdisciplinary Composite Manufacturing Research that integrates composite recycling and reclaimed fiber manufacturing. This research program will develop a new methodology and machinery for utilizing of recycled fibers in a new high volume short cycle time composite processes. Specifically, the candidate will engage with design, operate and maintain of machinery related to recycled fiber compote process.
This group collaborates with the Carbon and Composite Group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), as well as Institute for Advanced Composite Manufacturing Innovation (IACMI). Individuals collaborate with ORNL scientists, industrial fellows, and mechanical engineering faculty to perform research leading to development of composite recycling and remanufacturing for sustainable future. Through participation in a research with Carbon and Composite Group and IACMI, group members access nationally recognized manufacturing facilities and work with leading scientific experts. The ideal candidate is willing to mentor undergraduate and graduate students, collaborate with ORNL scientists, and perform cutting-edge research in composite manufacturing. US person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) is preferred due to export controlled nature of part of the work.
Learn more here.