Start an IACMI Project
Phase One, Step One: Submit Idea Paper to Technology Area Director
It is strongly recommended for project teams to work with the Lead IACMI Technology Area Director (TAD) to formulate a project idea. The Lead IACMI TAD will submit this Idea Paper, along with their qualification of the project, to the IACMI Project Director and the IACMI Project Controls Manager to initiate the review process.
Phase One, Step Two: Idea Paper is reviewed for approval
The Idea Paper is reviewed for approval by IACMI Headquarters, the U.S. Department of Energy, and IACMI’s Federal Technical Advisory Board (TAB) Members.
- If Idea Paper is approved: IACMI will notify the project team and the project will move to the Project Agreement Development Phase
- If Idea Paper should be revised/reworked: IACMI will notify the project team, and the project will return to Phase One, Step One
- If Idea Paper is declined: IACMI will notify the project team, and the project idea will not proceed
Phase Three, Step One: Project Agreement is Reviewed
Pending the type of project, the Project Agreement will be reviewed by IACMI and other parties before final approval.
- Enterprise project – Project Agreement is reviewed for approval by IACMI, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and the IACMI Board of Directors
- Technical Collaboration Project – Project Agreement is reviewed for approval by IACMI, and the DOE
Phase Three, Step Two: Final signatures for Project Agreement
- IACMI project staff, CEO, and the University of Tennessee Research Foundation sign the Project Agreement