Significant progress has been made since our institute began nine months ago! The number of organizations committed to membership has doubled, expanding our geographic footprint and the capabilities you have access to as a member. IACMI’s growth over the last twelve months includes partnership announcements such as the following:
- A co-location announcement with the Lightweight Metals Institute in Michigan.
- The recent Memorandum of Understanding signed with the Composite Prototyping Center in New York, which expands IACMI’s capabilities in the Northeast.
- A partnership with an industry association, ACMA (American Composites Manufacturers Association), which expands IACMI’s presence from 32 states with members to 50 states.
- The announcement and construction of a $50 million facility to advance energy-saving technologies at Purdue University.
IACMI announced a call for project proposals within four months of institute funding. Through collaboration between key members, there are now nine fully executed project agreements in place aimed to progress the application and deployment of high impact advanced composites, with more in the pipeline.
With increasing demand for an extremely diverse composites workforce, IACMI’s goal remains to increase workforce capacity by cultivating relationships with education and workforce partners, to ensure world-class composites talent will be ready when new technologies are fully integrated into industry. Ongoing workforce development initiatives include STEM training for high school students, IACMI internship opportunities for fifteen college students, and at least four workforce training events that will provide training to over 500 composite industry professionals. As technological leadership and diverse membership continues to span the supply chain, companies are motivated to locate jobs and investment in their regions and in the United States.
Renewing your IACMI membership allows your organization the opportunity to:
- ENGAGE in important issues regarding IACMI’s strategic planning, roadmapping, and development of projects.
- NETWORK with experts in the composites industry during our semi-annual members meetings and other member events.
- LEVERAGE INVESTMENTS of over $250 million focused on accelerating the development of advanced composites over the next five years.
Deadline for membership renewal is June 30th.
Members who fail to renew their membership by the deadline may not register for the July Members Meeting.
Paying your invoice by this date will ensure there are no disruptions in your membership and that your organization remains in good standing. If you have questions about your membership, please contact:
Jarrod Blue | email@example.com | (865) 946-1712
IACMI Membership is a tiered structure with fees based on company size and willingness to partner on technology development for composite materials. Prospective members must complete a membership application to be reviewed. Upon successful review, your organization must sign a membership agreement and submit annual membership fees. All IACMI members may participate in projects regardless of their membership level.