Are you interested in a cutting-edge manufacturing technologies internship?
The Institute for Advanced Composite Manufacturing Innovation (IACMI) has an interest in developing the skills of strong technical undergraduate and graduate students who might one day support the workforce in both talent and leadership. The IACMI Internship Program offers undergraduate and graduate students a chance to participate in a 10-week summer program with an assigned mentor at one of IACMI’s partner sites.
In addition to being involved in IACMI partner activities that will be a sure complement to your academic programs, you will have the opportunity to use state-of-the-art equipment and interact with scientists and engineers who are at the top of their fields. Engaging in hands-on learning that is more project-based than traditional academic coursework is a critical way to refine your skill and intensify your interest in this exciting field of study.
IACMI wants to:
- Provide opportunities for participants to become engaged in and contribute to activities relevant to the composites industry.
- Help create the future composites workforce by developing a pipeline of talent and leadership.
- Expose students to the burgeoning composites industry and to career opportunities within it.
Program participants will receive:
- A competitive weekly stipend commensurate with academic level for the duration of the program – $600.00 for undergraduate and $750.00 for graduate students
- A weekly housing allowance of $175.
- Limited in- and out-bound travel assistance to and from their internship site.
Electronic applications are currently being accepted for the 2016 summer term. The appointment dates are June 6-August 12, 2016. The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. EST on March 15, 2016.
Learn more in the attached flyer or on the ORAU website.